Thursday 18 August 2011

As promised ...

In my last blog entry I mentioned a strange thing that happened after I left school for the second time. I didn't think much of it at the time, what with my mind being so unreliable and such, but now I feel it was too much of a coincidence for me to let it go unnoticed. I just hope I don't get into trouble by sharing this.

I used to take mid-morning walks around town on weekdays. I was walking my usual route, skirting the school so as to avoid any unwanted attention. This route took me down to the riverside, which is surrounded by trees. I'm not sure why they built a school so close to a river. It just seems so risky. And that's not even mentioning the erosion of the river valley and the regular floods every few decades.

Anyway, I'm getting off-subject. I was walking next to the river when I spotted a figure further along the path, in amongst the tree trunks. I thought this might be another new friend that my mind had created, for it definitely wasn't human. Although dressed in what looked like a business suit, this figure was unnaturally tall and thin. I called out to the figure and it turned round. Although it didn't have any facial features, it seemed surprised. I started to jog towards the figure, and it quickly turned and started walking away from me. I would have caught up with it, but when it moved behind one of the tree trunks it seemed to disappear completely.

This was a few days before one of my former classmates went missing.

It's a shame, she was a nice girl. She had pretty blue eyes, and a freckle on her ear. They never did find out what happened to her.

A lot of you will know where I'm going with this. If you don't then it's probably for the best that you discontinue reading. Just stop reading and move on to the next post (which I haven't written yet, but will probably write in the future).

At the time, my parents asked me if I'd seen anything suspicious. I'd learned how to tell the difference between hallucinations and reality by then, so I told them I hadn't seen anything. Nobody would have taken it seriously if I'd told them; even myself.

Recently though, I've been reading about encounters with an entity known as the "Operator" or the "Slender Man". The figure I saw that day definitely fits the physical description, and it seems to fit the M.O. of this Slender fellow. Apparently he doesn't like crazy people. Maybe that's why he didn't want to talk to me.

I haven't seen him since that day, and I don't think any other children have gone missing. If it was him, I hope she wasn't in too much pain. I've heard stories of him stalking people for months, making them more and more paranoid.

Anyway, after I heard about the Slender fellow online, I tried to find out more about him. This lead me to some video series and many many blogs. Eventually I decided that, despite my hatred of user accounts, I would have to make one in order to keep up with all of them.

I'm not quite sure why I'm telling you all of this. I suppose with me starting college soon I should start getting used to talking about myself. Forgive me if I seem a little on-edge at times. This is still pretty new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment